Bring your golf clubs because it’s always tee time on the Gulf Coast. From Scottish-style links to beachfront greens, there’s a golf course suited to every skill level. When you stay at Perdido Cove, you are in the prime location to golf in all the surrounding courses in Gulf Shores, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida.
Lost Key Golf Club, one of the best courses on the Gulf Coast, is located directly across the street from the RV Resort. This 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Design Course was the first course in the world to be certified as an Audubon International Silver Signature Sanctuary.
The Perdido Bay Golf Club is also right near by.
Many other championship caliber courses are a short drive away and include designs by some of the great names in golf course architecture such as Arnold Palmer, Bruce Devlin, Jerry Pate, Robert Von Hagge and Earl Stone. Choose from a dozen PGA rated golf courses with picturesque scenery ranging from woodlands to wetlands. Several PGA golf legends, such as Bubba Watson, Heath Slocum and Boo Weekley live in the area.
A good place to start your Gulf Coast Gulf Vacation is by exploring The Emerald Coast Golf Trail, which stretches across the Florida Panhandle from Pensacola Beach to Destin and consists of the following four golf courses: Tiger Point Golf Club, The Club at Hidden Creek, Scenic Hills Country Club, and Shalimar Pointe Country Club.
Tiger Point Golf Club
Features breathtaking waterfront views, lofty southern pines and layouts designed for major tournament play. They also have a beautiful clubhouse with full service restaurant and bar. Their East Course meanders along the Intracoastal Waterway and boasts spectacular views of Pensacola Bay and Pensacola Beach, especially at sunset.
• Par 72, 7,041 yard Scottish Style East Course.
• Par 36, 3414 yard 9-Hole West Course.
• Four sets of tees on every hole.
• Former host site of PGA Tour events.
• Comprehensive practice facility.
• Driving range.
• Two practice greens.
• Practice bunker and chipping green.
• Fully-stocked golf shop.
• Lessons available for all levels.
The Club at Hidden Creek
This course was designed by the renowned golf course architect Ron Garl and is known for its lush landscaping, rolling terrain and scenic layout. The 18-hole championship golf course plays 6,805 yards from the back tees and provides excitement for golfers of all skill levels. It was the former host site for the U.S. Open Qualifying Rounds.
• 18-Hole Championship Course
• Challenging Par 72, Stretching 6,805 yards
• Critically Acclaimed Layout
• Four Tee Options To Choose From
• PGA Professional Staf
• Open to the Public with Memberships Available
• Tournament Services
• Banquet and Meeting Facilities
• First Class Dining Overlooking the Course in the Tuscan Grille
• Private Lessons and Group Clinics • Natural Grass Practice Facility
• Putting green and chipping area
• Fully Stocked Golf Shop
• Men’s and Ladies’ Golf Associations
Scenic Hills Country Club
This course opened in 1958 and in 1992, the original Chic Adams layout was updated by former U.S. Open Champion Jerry Pate. It holds the claim to fame of being the only Florida golf course to host a U.S. Open in 1969; World Golf Hall of Fame member Donna Caponi won after a furious comeback and a final clutch putt which is still considered the best final day charge in US Open History.
The course was voted the best place to play by the Pensacola News Journal’s Best of the Bay in 2008, 2009 and 2010. It offers a luxurious clubhouse and restaurant.
Shalimar Pointe Country Club
This 18-hole championship course features impeccably manicured greens and strategically placed bunkers; a challenge for both weekend and scratch golfers alike.
• Par 72 – 6,765 yard layout
• Five sets of tees on each hole
• Finger/Dye design
• Comprehensive Practice Facility featuring a spacious driving range, putting green, and chipping green
Marcus Pointe Golf Club
This course is located on 600 acres of rolling woodlands and is considered to be one of the top courses on the Gulf Coast of Florida.